The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Project Administrator – 14 Month Maternity Leave Contract
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
This position is a 14-month maternity leave contract.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented professional with a strong, self-directed work ethic along with effective time management and communication skills. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The Project Administrator, Audio Visual & Broadcast is a key individual who is responsible for ensuring projects are: defined, set-up, entered, tracked and billed correctly. It would be valuable for this individual have a good overall understanding of the broadcast market and the components that go into building and integrating systems for the television, cable, telco, and specialty markets.
The main duties of this position are as follows, but not limited to:
- Gather, validate, and input a large amount of data concerning projects into our ERP system. The information for the creation of the projects in the system to be provided by the sales staff.
- Order and track equipment and materials to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Facilitate change requests to the project.
- Monitor and update project schedules and status. Track changes and deviations throughout the project.
- Troubleshoot project problems and raise issues to the appropriate resource.
- Invoice customers as per billing milestones and level of project completion.
- Produce and review financial project reports to enable accurate revenue recognition.
- Communicate project cost variance to the project manager.
- Liaise with customers and the internal team regarding order and project status, billing milestones, and project deviations.
- Continually communicate project status to the project team.
- Process stock requisitions on and off projects.
- Ensure stock is returned to vendor in a timely manner or, if manager approval is obtained, that stock is placed in appropriate inventory warehouse bin.
- Process project change order requests in ERP system as required.
- Must be able to process and track a great deal of work under tight time lines and intense pressure.
- Superior communication skills to foster good working relationships with the internal Applied Electronics team and external customer base.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers will be an asset.
- Team focused with good analytical skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer support coordination; preferably in a sales support/ technical environment.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organization skills and experience working with various databases.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.