The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Account Manager, Technology Sales — Broadcast and Media
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading Systems Integrator and Reseller of professional broadcast, media and audio visual technology. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager, Technology Sales – Broadcast and Media for our head office in Mississauga, Ontario.
Main responsibilities include serving the existing client base, while developing and implementing a sales strategy to drive new business and meet or exceed annual revenue objectives. The successful candidate will be expected to provide accurate information and guidance to prospective and existing customers, including pricing and technical specifications. In addition, preparing detailed proposals, promoting relevant products and conducting presentations to clients is essential to achieving success in this role.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must be well-versed in the Information Technology world and able to present and promote complex high end software and hardware workflows to customers involving multiple technology partners.
- Call on key accounts and be comfortable dealing at the C, VP and Director levels.
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical client relationships in Post Production, VFX, Production, and category two Broadcasters.
- Have the ability to identify, visualize and develop an expanded client base with added focus to alternate or non-traditional markets that can benefit from our product partnerships
- Minimum 5 years of technology sales experience with demonstrated track record of success in the Canadian Media and Entertainment Industry.
- Industry experience in the operations or engineering side within the Broadcast and Post Production environments would be a definite asset
- Sales or practical experience in the AV market is also a strong asset
- Strong sales orientation with excellent customer relationship building skills with a pleasant and professional personality
- A masterful cold caller and opportunity miner using research and your own vast network to achieve your goals
- Accountable for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals
- Demonstrated successful track record working in a collaborative sales environment
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective negotiator
- Prepare and deliver high level presentations to key accounts, potential clients, business partners, and industry associations
- Develop and maintain sales forecasting activities
- Post-secondary education in Broadcast Technology, Computer Sciences, or a related field
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
If you have the above mentioned skills and experience, please fax or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources by clicking the Apply Link below.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.