The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Audio Visual Installation Technician
Applied Electronics Limited is a national audio/visual sales and integration company specializing in corporate and educational markets.
We are currently seeking an Audio Visual Installation Technician for our Edmonton office.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented individual with advanced technical knowledge of audio visual or broadcasting equipment and integrated systems.
- To organize materials and time in an efficient manner
- Maintain the project change order procedures
- End user system training when required
- Prepare system Manuals for customer and Applied Electronics' archives
- Maintaining effective lines of communication between customer base and sales staff to ensure continuity of information
- Keep Regional Administrator and Technical Supervisor informed of current and projected status on all projects
- Regularly maintain labour management procedures using the on-line accounting system
- To provide technical support to the sales staff
Key Results Area:
- Complete projects inside financial quarters whenever possible
- Ensure that customers are well informed of project progress and issues
- Responsibility and commitment to workplace safety
- Maintain a high level of efficiency and professionalism
- Being responsive to industry related and on-the-job training opportunities
Duties and Activities:
- Programming of control system hardware and touch panel interface
- Wiring, termination and equipment installation as per project specifications
- Testing of complete systems and repairing any deficiencies in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and servicing installed systems and components
- Work under the direction of senior Technicians / Engineers / Project Managers
- Operate as site lead and direct junior Technical staff and sub contract labour
- Reading and understanding schematic and technical drawings
- Scheduling of jobsite access
- Prepare system user’s manuals for customer and internal company archives
- Post- Secondary education in Electronics or equivalent experience
- Sound understanding of Video and Audio systems relative to the A/V industry
- Certification or proven knowledge and proficiency with Crestron or AMX (or similar) audio-visual control systems will be a definite asset
- Knowledge of IP networks and infrastructure
- Technical staff must be able to work in a self-directed environment and be able to direct junior staff and sub-contractor labour
- Be proficient in audio and video installation best practices
- Have excellent mechanical skills
- Technical ability to trouble shoot electronic systems to board level
- Understanding of component level functionality is required
- AV and Broadcast product line knowledge
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions
- Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Applicants will be subject to a background check as part of our hiring process
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.
Return to Career Opportunities