The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
BROADCAST SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Applied Electronics Limited is a national Audio Visual, Broadcast, and Data Solutions Sales and Integration company specializing in corporate, education, government, and Media & Entertainment markets. Applied Electronics employs 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Broadcast Service Technician for our Mississauga head office.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented professional with a strong, self-directed work ethic along with effective time management and communication skills. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity. Analytical and problem-solving skills are required as the organization looks to this position for assistance on a regular basis. Strong business relationship, customer service and interpersonal skills are necessary when dealing with multiple departments, customers and vendors.
This position will report directly to the National Service Manager.
- Perform in-house (bench) and onsite (field) maintenance and repairs, without supervision, to all Audio Visual and Broadcast equipment in a highly skilled, safe and professional manner. Ensure a positive customer experience.
- Perform installation and commissioning of AV and Broadcast systems.
- Provide service and maintenance of customers’ installed equipment, as per service contract requirements.
- Conduct quality control testing on equipment.
- Maintain all paperwork assigned in a timely manner by completing detailed notes on all work orders assigned; daily submission of time and labour used in ERP system; update as-built drawings; and account for all materials used.
- Provide customer phone or email support and training, as necessary.
- Provide technical support to the sales staff, as required.
- Assist with installation projects, special projects, and performs all other duties as required.
- Provide frequent and timely communications to the client, service coordinator, or direct supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in professional development, and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics Limited.
- Ability to work flexible hours, or travel on occasion, to meet customer needs.
- Minimum 5 years of related or direct industry experience
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Electronics Engineering, Broadcast, Telecom or other industry-related programs
- CTS Certification and/or C.E.T. designation would be an asset
- Working knowledge of computers and networking systems
- Understanding of component level functionality is required
- AV and Broadcast product line knowledge is an asset
- Familiarity with Ikegami, Panasonic, Thompson and Telex
- Must possess a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.