Camera Automation Software to make Live Production effortless. Powered by computer vision and machine learning, the Seervision Suite enables your existing cameras to autonomously track and keep the subject in optimal framing. It enables you to capture broadcast quality shots even with a tight production budget, where camera coverage is limited and the right skill set is not accessible.
Applied Electronics Limited is a national industry leader in Digital Media Integration Solutions and Service. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
We are currently seeking a CAD Designer for our Mississauga head office.
All software used by the CAD Department makes use of standards used by the Architectural community and some developed specifically by Applied Electronics including file formats, layering conventions, annotation and dimensioning standards, project and drawing numbers and revision history policies and revision number schemes.
This position requires a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2010 or greater with experience using this software in a production environment with proficiency in the following techniques:
- Accurate two-dimensional drawing utilizing annotations, dimensions and Multi-leader techniques.
- Use of X ref to group all views of related drawings for dimensioning and annotation in separate drawing files.
- Development of precise three-dimensional models using Modeller components.
- Use of paper-space Viewports to show restricted model-space layer interpretation and accurate model space dimensions.
The primary Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Primarily focused to serve the CAD requirements of the Audio Visual Division of Applied Electronics.
- Responsible for scheduling/timelines, design review and standards compliance by collaborating with other team members and departments.
- Requires expertise in the interpretation of architectural and engineering plans, sections and elevations. These drawings will be used with or without confirming site dimensions to develop accurate AutoCAD files as the basis for Project CAD work.
- Requires the capability to interpret manufacturers' shop drawings and/or actual equipment and to be able to accurately draw orthogonal views of such equipment for use as CAD symbols in design work.
- Use software to create detailed 2D or 3D designs for complex projects.
- Keep up to date on industry and engineering standards.
- Update and creation of REVIT projects.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of Production CAD experience in the Audio-Visual industry.
- An educational background in this field is considered an asset.
- Experience in and an understanding of Canadian commercial building construction methods including basic electrical infrastructure are preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio is an asset for its use to develop diagrammatic (non-dimensional) Project system documentation.
- Standard business software is used in various aspects of this position including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook email software.
- Have knowledge of industry information, engineering standards, mathematics, and the materials used.
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and making decisions.
- Some travel may be required.
Applied Electronics is an Essential Service Provider of media & communications technology. We have modified operations with protective measures in place to keep our employees safe while we cautiously operate to support other essential service businesses.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.