Ideal for any space where groups congregate, this new sanitary digital kiosk with digital display provides infrared temperature measurement technology and PPE gear to keep staff & customers safe & informed...
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking an Installation Technician for our Mississauga head office.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented individual with advanced technical knowledge of audio visual or broadcasting equipment and integrated systems.
Job Duties of the Installation Technician include, but are not limited to:
1. As the Installation Technician, you are responsible for the installation / implementation of Project Systems and/or work tasks assigned to you through to completion. Working closely with management and client to ensure that all Project System components or work tasks are installed, configured and tested per industry standard.
- Organize all necessary materials and and coordinate for delivery and receipt at work site.
Coordinate implementation of project systems and work tasks assigned:
- Installation and testing of system hardware and touch panel interfaces.
- Wiring, termination and equipment installation as per project specifications.
- Testing of complete systems and repairing any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and servicing installed systems and components.
- Keep Technical Supervisor / PM / Technical Lead informed of current and projected status of all projects and work tasks you have been assigned.
- Regularly maintain Time & Labour management procedures using the on-line accounting system.
2. Quality oversight for assigned Projects and/or Work tasks
- Assisting clients over telephone, video and/or client site troubleshooting project systems.
- Ensure work product is to Applied Electronics' standards.
- Routine updating “red lining” of project CAD & flow functional documents for creation of post project as-builts.
3. Actively participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics.
4. Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of staff & subcontractors under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
5. Responds to Customer escalations as required and resolves to meet customer satisfaction and company standards.
- Must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
6. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.