The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Montréal, QuébecDescription en français
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Bilingual Installation Technician for our Montréal office.
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for completing the assigned installation/implementation tasks following established best practices.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
1. As the Installation Technician you are responsible for the installation / implementation of Project Systems and/or work tasks assigned to you through to completion. Working closely with management and client to ensure that all Project System components or work tasks are installed, configured and tested per industry standard.
- Organize all necessary materials and and coordinate for delivery and receipt at work site.
Coordinate implementation of project systems and work tasks assigned:
- Installation and testing of system hardware and touch panel interfaces.
- Wiring, termination and equipment installation as per project specifications.
- Testing of complete systems and repairing any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and servicing installed systems and components.
- Keep Technical Supervisor / PM / Technical Lead informed of current and projected status of all projects and work tasks you have been assigned.
- Regularly maintain Time & Labour management procedures using the on-line accounting system.
2. Quality oversight for assigned Projects and/or Work tasks
- Assisting clients over telephone, video and/or client site troubleshooting project systems.
- Ensure work product is to AEL Standards.
- Routine updating “red lining” of project CAD & flow functional documents for creation of post project as-builts.
3. Actively participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics.
4. Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of staff & subcontractors under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
5. Responds to Customer escalations as required and resolves to meet customer satisfaction and company standards.
- Must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
6. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following specific requirements:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Electronics, Broadcast, Telecom or other industry-related programs
- CTS Certification (CTS-I Preferred)
- BICSI Certification (Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic networking (Preferred: IP Network Certifications and CTS-D industry certification.)
Familiarity with, but not limited to:
- Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc.
- Biamp, Clearone, BSS, Cisco, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of related or direct industry experience
- Practical knowledge of industry best practices related to wiring, rack dressing and termination
- Proficient in reading and interpreting system design schematics and electrical / mechanical / architectural drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in AMX and/or Crestron is a plus
- Proficiency with all audiovisual and network cabling terminations
- Familiarity with pulling low-voltage cabling
- Ability to perform minor DSP / Control System changes & uploads
- Ability to troubleshoot basic media type systems (ip, audiovisual, broadcast, etc.)
- The ability to achieve high level security clearance
- Capability to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Capability to climb ladders and scaffolding (Working at Heights)
- Capability to work in high places
- Capability to work in small cramped places
- Capability to work in hot humid environments
- Capability to work in cold environments
- Capability to lift & move excess of 60lbs as is necessary in the normal flow of the day to day workload unassisted and lift and move 100lbs with assistance.
- Assist in the loading of various vehicles with equipment including 45’ trailers as is needed
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extensive domestic and occasional international traveling to client locations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Time management
- Reading/ writing
- Memory recall
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.