The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
IT Project Coordinator
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking an IT Project Coordinator for our Mississauga head office.
An IT Project Coordinator is a part of the IT department. This position will be responsible for working with Project Managers, technical team members and other various team members in support of all IT-related projects. The candidate will be responsible for administering and organizing all types of projects, from basic activities to complex plans as well as coordinate small to medium IT projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Assist in managing and prioritizing day-to-day tasks of the IT team as well as manage IT seasonal students
- Branch Office server upgrades including coordination of setup and deployment
- IT storage and server upgrades including coordination of acquisition, setup and deployment
- Email server upgrades including coordination of license acquisition, setup and deployment
- WAN migration including coordination of activation and switch-over schedule
- Promote and provide training for under-utilized software such as SharePoint
- Understanding and working knowledge of the following core technologies: VMware, Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft AD, Microsoft Exchange.
- Create and manage the recurring IT budget i.e. laptop replacement, subscriptions etc.
- Maintain servers as required with the assistance of Network Administrator.
- Function as a secondary support for Network Admin. and Help Desk staff members as required
- Responsible for executing long term priorities as specified by VP of IT.
- Provide support to AV and Broadcast sales for demo’s and IP knowledge.
- Assist in firewall maintenance with the Network administrator.
- Work with branch offices technical staff to provide upgrades to the branch office networks.
- Travel to branch offices when necessary.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Post-secondary education in IT, Software Engineering or related discipline; or proven work experience in project coordination capacity
- Proficient in MS Office Suite especially Excel, SharePoint, MS Project
- Knowledge of PMO processes including project set up, subcontract management and change orders
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written with excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Team oriented with solid interpersonal skills combined with high level of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently
- Able to establish positive working relationships with others
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of visits to other branches as needed
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 15 lbs. may be required.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.