Ideal for any space where groups congregate, this new sanitary digital kiosk with digital display provides infrared temperature measurement technology and PPE gear to keep staff & customers safe & informed...
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada: Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator for our Ottawa office.
As the organization looks to this position for assistance on a regular basis, it is important that this individual has strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and team-oriented skills, as this position deals with multiple departments, customers and vendors. The ideal candidate will be able to efficiently work with our administrative staff in a busy work environment with the ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Complete accurate paperwork and data entry as it pertains to the movement of inventory in and out of our warehouse is essential. This position is responsible for handling all shipping and receiving duties for the Ottawa branch office.
The main duties of this position are, but not limited to:
- Handle shipping and receiving duties.
- Maintain the warehouse and shipping areas in a clean, safe and organized manner in conjunction with industry best practices, and provincial and corporate occupational safety requirements.
- Prepare freight and proper paperwork for domestic and cross-border shipments.
- Track and schedule materials for projects with Technical Supervisor in conjunction with project timelines and milestones.
- Prepare equipment and materials for daily project shipments for sales and technical staff.
- Conduct routine inventory spot checks and be responsible for inventory control.
- Efficient inventory tracking using the approved procedures and correct documentation Issues and tracking - return purchase orders to vendors for repairs, RMA’s, branch transfers, and project shipments.
- Ability to effectively organize the warehouse in order to quickly locate items as requested.
- Liaise with customers and handle shipping inquiries as required.
- Daily data entry using our internal accounting software (SyAcc)
- General work hours will be 8:30am-4:30pm, however some after-hours work may be necessary on occasion for emergency shipments, special projects or inventory counts.
- Other duties as required.
Service Administration (Back Up):
- Create service work orders for client equipment requiring repair.
- Manage customer inquiries related to repair status.
- Contact suppliers for pricing for equipment repairs – convert to sell price and quote customer.
- Set up purchase orders to send to suppliers for repairs.
- Warranty exchanges of defective equipment.
- Project Administration: removing equipment from a project to be updated on a timely basis in conjunction with Office Administrator, change orders, stock requisitions and related documentation.
- 3+ years of warehousing experience
- Proven knowledge of shipping, receiving, warehousing and basic administration procedures
- Experience with cross-border shipping and brokerage procedures
- Strong Computer and keyboarding skills
- Clean Driver’s License
- Forklift certified is an asset
- WHMIS, Basic First Aid/CPR and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Applied Electronics will provide training)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.