Camera Automation Software to make Live Production effortless. Powered by computer vision and machine learning, the Seervision Suite enables your existing cameras to autonomously track and keep the subject in optimal framing. It enables you to capture broadcast quality shots even with a tight production budget, where camera coverage is limited and the right skill set is not accessible.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Applied Electronics Limited is a national industry leader in Digital Media Integration Solutions and Service. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
We are seeking a creative and dynamic Marketing & Communications Coordinator who is passionate about content marketing, digital marketing and social media marketing to join our team!
Who we need:
A talented storyteller who loves to create and deliver experiences through powerful content that inspire, engage, entertain, and connects with a targeted audience. A confident writer and a creative visual communicator with phenomenal graphics design and media production skills who enjoys photography and videography. A creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is detail-oriented, highly resourceful, exceptionally organized, and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing projects with extremely tight deadlines. An innovative, strategic problem solver with outstanding interpersonal skills and business acumen who takes initiative and is driven with a sense of urgency and passion and works well independently and in collaboration with multiple key stakeholders and vendors.
How you will make an impact:
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working in close collaboration with the Sales, Technical, and Management teams, you will focus on providing support in planning and executing national and regional marketing programs and other marketing initiatives. You will support the Marketing Manager in meeting the day-to-day content development and communication needs of the company with the goal of furthering the company’s brand objectives and position in the industry.
You will be responsible for compiling beautiful and captivating visual assets that serve a variety of marketing and sales support objectives, while crafting written and visual stories, and developing, delivering and maintaining engaging and impactful, data-driven digital content for distribution over various platforms. You will execute marketing and advertising campaigns; tracks campaign data; coordinates technical in-house events and presence at trade shows; maintains databases; prepares reports; and maintains promotional materials inventory.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and execute high-impact visual content across multiple channels based on a strategy and editorial calendar created by Marketing Manager.
- Capture the behind-the-scenes action as projects progress through the project lifecycle in written, graphical, and photographic media for later use in marketing and social media content.
- Write and post company news, events and success stories to all digital properties (website blog, social media, intranet) and endorse through social channels on a daily basis.
- Research, write, edit, and optimize new website content while using SEO techniques when editing and rewriting website content to ensure SEO optimization to improve searchability and readability.
- Develop, post and maintain Intranet site content.
- Write content and support efforts to produce regular digital newsletter.
- Coordinate and execute event promotions, including the creation and execution of necessary collateral.
- Create and disseminate marketing and sales-support collateral (digital and print, presentations, case studies, sell sheets, etc.) that are in line with the company’s goals, vision, brand, and messaging.
- Execute marketing programs/campaigns designed to help the sales team acquire and retain clients, while meeting established timelines.
- Manage tasks to completion including periodic reporting to Marketing Manager, and communication to stakeholders as required.
- Travel and client site visits will be required.
- Other tasks, as required.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years of marketing experience
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Creative storytelling skill with a discerning eye for photography, composition, cropping, colour and image selection
- Exceptional video production & editing skills using Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, iMovie, etc.
- Strong graphic design skills using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, etc.
- Strong content marketer with outstanding copywriting skills (i.e. blogs and articles)
- Superior written & verbal communication in English & French
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing internal and external communications, with consideration for the audience, intent, and outcome
- Strong presentation design skills using PowerPoint, etc.
- Savvy website user interface design and programming skills (HTML, website backend administration platform, SharePoint site)
- Deep understanding of email marketing operations, best practices in email messaging, email technology, delivery strategies & platforms, service providers, list management, and spam regulations
- Excellent project and time management skills in a highly collaborative role with the ability to work cross functionally
- The ability to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment and demonstrate resiliency to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Understanding of the Canadian media landscape with proof of successfully placing stories with media
- Experience in the technology industry is an asset
- Creative storyteller
- Strong photography skills
- Strong videography and video editing skills
- Video production experience is an asset
- Bilingual in French is a definite asset
- Technology related content development is an asset
* Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to share a portfolio of written work and graphic designs that they have personally created.
** Preference will be given to those with a strong graphic design and/or search engine marketing background.
Applied Electronics is an Essential Service Provider of media & communications technology. We have modified operations with protective measures in place to keep our employees safe while we cautiously operate to support other essential service businesses.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.