The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Applied Electronics is a national audio/visual sales and integration company specializing in corporate and educational markets. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Programmer for our Ottawa office.
Overall responsibility for the System Control and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) system programming, including; Creation, Testing, Commissioning and uploading of programming to ensure the required functionality meets the client expectations and is consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Responsibilities & Main Job Tasks:
- Responsible for design, development and delivery of Control systems programming and DSP system programming; including related documentation and modification of systems and related programming to meet specified client functionality.
- Responsible for collection and archive back-up of all your own control system source code programs, including those done by Applied Electronics' contractors utilizing Shadow back-up software on a regular basis to ensure all software code is recoverable
- Provide Programming support and troubleshooting / Quality assurance to Applied Electronics' technical team members and clients as required.
- Routine Time and Labour management entry, ensuring accuracy. Required on a daily basis with a mandatory weekly measurable objective.
- Actively participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics.
- Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Responds to Customer escalations as required and resolves to meet customer satisfaction and company standards.
- Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience working in an Audiovisual/Broadcast Control and/or DSP Programming role
- Documented AV/Broadcast platform Programming Certification (Preferred)
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Programming or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic networking (Preferred: IP Network Certifications)
- Familiarity with, but not limited to: Crestron, AMX, Extron, Biamp, Clearone, BSS, Cisco, etc.
- Practical knowledge of industry best practices related to Control/DSP System Programming
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in AMX and/or Crestron is a plus
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team oriented with solid interpersonal skills combined with high level of professionalism. Able to establish positive working relationships with others.
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure, Broadcast and Audio Visual systems components, their integration and Programming of their control & DSP systems.
- The ability to achieve high level security clearance
- The ideal candidate must possess a valid driver's license
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions
- Experience in leading technical implementation teams and subcontractors.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, while working with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
If this position interests you, please submit a resume and covering letter by clicking the Apply Link below.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.