Camera Automation Software to make Live Production effortless. Powered by computer vision and machine learning, the Seervision Suite enables your existing cameras to autonomously track and keep the subject in optimal framing. It enables you to capture broadcast quality shots even with a tight production budget, where camera coverage is limited and the right skill set is not accessible.
Applied Electronics Limited is a national industry leader in Digital Media Integration Solutions and Service. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the duties detailed below, and operates in a manner consistent with Applied Electronics Limited’s core values while supporting its strategic plan. The incumbent is successful through overseeing and effective utilization of project management methodologies to ensure the processes, workflow and day-to-day on-site project work tasks are completed and documented alongside the technical team. The Project Manager responds to internal and external customer escalations as required, and is committed to meeting customer expectations and company standards.
The responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the overall Project Management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of all assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
2. In conjunction with the Technical Supervisor, assign specific technical resources including subcontractors to project deliverables, and ensure efficient utilization of these resources
- Perform or delegate project management activities
- Determine the resources required for the project
- Devise appropriate schedules with resource managers for resource optimization
- Create a communications and responsibilities plan.
- Allocates (assigned project team) technical resources, including subcontractors, to project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a project implementation schedule and produce in required formats such as a GANTT charts and/or Excel timetables
- Create and update a project management plan
- Track and report on project progress and costs including development of project punch lists
3. As the senior onsite Applied Electronics representative, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that Applied Electronics project and installation processes are documented and followed, while ensuring she/he is delivering a positive customer experience.
- Project coordination will be a requirement and include interfacing with Architects, General Contractors, Electrical Contractors and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
- Maintain control over the project by measuring performance and determining if there are any variances from the plan
- Proactively manage project challenges and follow known escalation paths.
- Provide frequent and timely communications to the client.
- Coordinate interactions between the project and key stakeholders
- Select appropriate processes for the project
- Identify and analyze constraints and assumptions for clarification
- Lead and direct project delivery planning efforts
- Identify dependencies between activities
- Coordinate equipment and materials logistics with Applied Electronics logistics personnel, installation crews and Applied Electronics or Vendor shipments.
- Responsible for securing the necessary licensing and permits that may be required for the team to execute projects
Maintain a high level of efficiency and professionalism at work site.
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviors
4. Financial and Quality oversight for assigned Projects
- Conduct technical review of assigned projects, including meeting with sales and design groups, to review project scope, BOM, SOW, CAD & flow functional drawings, equipment lists and labour estimates during the proposal development process and/or prior to project launch for accuracy
Accountable for developing and maintaining a time schedule and financial costing reserves for assigned projects. Manages project team workforce to deliver project/work task activities within specified targets (financial, time, quality) as requested.
- Monitors operating expense, capital budgets, timelines and resources for assigned projects.
- Escalates to appropriate Applied Electronics staff regarding adjustments to labour, financial and scheduling as required.
Performs project closing at the end of each phase and for the project as a whole within the estimated budget and time-line
- Manage successful project close-out including: system testing, deficiency tracking, commissioning, client training, delivery of close-out documentation and obtaining client sign-off
- Project Completion signed-off by the client with no outstanding deficiencies, resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction
- Prepares forecasts and reports as required for project execution and communication.
- Authorizes and assigns aforementioned work, materials and tools.
- Creates, maintains and controls the completion of any project deficiency list
5. Support and promote all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- The incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety and that of staff and subcontractors under their responsibility while ensuring the protection of the public. The Project Manager must ensure site conditions meet company and industry safety standards for the work to be performed. The Project Manager must ensure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures
6. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Recognized - Project Management certification
- Post-Secondary Education in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- Leadership training (Preferred)
- Must have minimum 3+ years’ experience working in a project management role
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- CISD security clearance to Secret Level II or higher is preferred; ability to be eligible for same is required.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills combined with high level of professionalism. Able to establish positive working relationships with others.
- Superior skill using Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Outlook is required
- Familiarity and comfort using software solutions such as Visio, Autocad, VectorWorks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook and Microsoft Project)
- Advanced experience with and knowledge of broadcast and audio visual systems components
- Preference will be given to those with PMP designation
- The ideal candidate must possess a valid driver's license
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions
- Experience in leading technical implementation teams and subcontractors.
- Experience in setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to installation teams.
- Experience in organizing project workflows by assigning responsibilities to installation technicians.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects and executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Mostly: on construction site, performing audits, assisting implementation, assigning new work tasks, conducting meetings.
- Some: office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and possible hand tools.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Utilization of ladders and mechanical lifts (working at heights) may be required.
- In order to foster a truly collaborative team environment, the PM role is primarily office-based with occasional work from home requirements on a case-by-case basis
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Time management
- Reading/ writing
- Memory recall
Applied Electronics is an Essential Service Provider of media & communications technology. We have modified operations with protective measures in place to keep our employees safe while we cautiously operate to support other essential service businesses.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.