Ideal for any space where groups congregate, this new sanitary digital kiosk with digital display provides infrared temperature measurement technology and PPE gear to keep staff & customers safe & informed...
Mississauga, OntarioApply Now!
Applied Electronics Limited is Canada’s leading Systems Integrator and Reseller of professional broadcast, media and audio visual technology. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada: Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Mississauga head office.
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing and effective utilization of project management methodologies to ensure the processes, workflow and day-to-day on-site project & installation work tasks are completed and documented. All the while communicating with the client to ensure a positive customer experience.
Job Duties, but not limited to:
1. Responsible for the overall Project Management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of all assigned Projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
2. Assign specific technical resources, including subcontractors to project deliverables, and negotiate with the Technical Operations Manager regarding resources and ensure efficient utilization of these resources.
- Determine the resources required for the project
- Negotiate with resource managers for optimal available resources
- Create a communications and responsibilities plan.
- Allocates (assigned project team) technical resources, including subcontractors to project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a project implementation schedule
- Creation and updating of a project management plan
- Track and report on project progress and costs
3. As the senior on-site Applied Electronics representative, you will be responsible for ensuring that Applied Electronics project and installation processes are documented and followed. Ensuring that you are delivering a positive customer experience.
- Project coordination will be a requirement to include interfacing with Architects, General
- Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
- Maintains control over the project by measuring performance and determining if there are any variances from the plan
- Proactively handles project problems, following known escalation paths.
- Provide frequent and timely communications to the client.
- Coordinates interactions between the project and key stakeholders
- Selects appropriate processes for the project
- Identifies and analyzes constraints and assumptions
- Leads and directs project delivery planning efforts
- Identifies dependencies between activities
- Coordinate material logistics with installation crews and Applied Electronics' or Vendor shipments.
- Responsible for securing the necessary licensing and permits that may be required for the team to execute projects in other environments.
- Maintain a high level of efficiency and professionalism at work site.
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviors
4. Financial and Quality oversight for assigned Projects.
- Conduct technical review of assigned projects, including meeting with sales and design groups to review project scope, BOM, SOW, CAD & flow functional drawings, equipment lists and labour estimates prior to project launch for accuracy
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a time schedule and financial costing reserves for assigned projects. Manages project team workforce to deliver – Project/Work-task activities within specified targets (financial, time, quality) as requested.
- Monitors operating expense, capital budgets, timelines and resources for assigned projects.
- Escalates to appropriate Applied Electronics staff regarding; Adjustments to labour, financial and scheduling as required.
- Performs project closing at the end of each phase and for the project as a whole within the estimated budget and time-line
- Manage successful project close-out including: system testing, deficiency tracking, commissioning, client training, delivery of close-out documentation and obtain client sign-off
- Project Completion signed-off by the client with no outstanding deficiencies, resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction
- Prepares forecasts and reports as required for project execution and communication.
- Authorizes and assigns aforementioned work, materials and tools.
- Creates, maintains and controls the completion of any project deficiency list
5. Develops and administers procedures to monitor staff and department activity.
- Takes appropriate actions and escalates issues as required.
- Assists the team and other stakeholders during project execution
- Performs or delegates most of the project management activities
- Overall, applies project management knowledge and uses personal and leadership skills to achieve project success
6. Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of staff and subcontractors under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
7. Responds to Customer escalations as required and resolves to meet customer satisfaction and company standards.
- must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
8. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Recognized - Project Management certification
- Post-Secondary Education in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- Leadership training (Preferred)
- Must have minimum 3+ years’ experience working in a project management role.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team oriented with solid interpersonal skills combined with high level of professionalism. Able to establish positive working relationships with others.
- Operational knowledge of Visio, Autocad, VectorWorks, Word, Excel and Outlook and Microsoft Project.
- Advanced experience with and knowledge of broadcast and audio visual systems components.
- The ability to achieve high level security clearance.
- Preference will be given to those with PMP designation.
- The ideal candidate must possess a valid driver's license.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions.
- Experience in leading technical implementation teams and subcontractors.
- Experience in setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to installation crews.
- Experience in organizing workflow by assigning responsibilities to installation technicans.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, while working with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Mostly, on construction site, performing audits, assisting implementation, assigning new work tasks, conducting meetings.
- Some, office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and possible hand tools.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Utilization of ladders and mechanical lifts (working at heights) may be required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Time management
- Reading/ writing
- Memory recall
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.