Ideal for any space where groups congregate, this new sanitary digital kiosk with digital display provides infrared temperature measurement technology and PPE gear to keep staff & customers safe & informed...
Vancouver, British Columbia
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading Systems Designer and Integrator of professional Media and Audio Visual Technology. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking a Service Technician for our Vancouver regional office.
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the Service Technician is responsible to operate with little or no supervision. This position requires the employee to possess a high degree of independent judgment, for overseeing and maintaining their processes, assigned workflow and day-to-day service technician tasks within the assigned Applied Electronics Service Department to ensure its continued growth in revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance and repairs, without supervision, in-house (bench) or onsite (field), to all Audio / Visual and Broadcast equipment in a highly skilled, safe and professional manner. Ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Execute, and complete all assigned work orders ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Maintain all paperwork assigned in a timely manor by completing all detailed notes on a work orders assigned, submitting time and labour used, updating as built drawings, and accounting for all materials used.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain any assigned service vehicle in a clean and professional manner to ensure the vehicle is properly maintained.
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers
- Provide customer phone or email support and training as necessary.
- Provide technical support to the sales staff as required
- Provide frequent and timely communications to the client, service coordinator or direct supervisor.
- When necessary and without supervision, accurately order needed parts using reference material as required, including communication with all necessary vendors and suppliers
- Actively participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics Limited
- Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures. Must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of staff and subcontractors under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assists with installation projects, special projects, and performs all other duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Electronics, Broadcast, Telecom or other industry-related programs
- CTS Certification (CTS-I Preferred)
- BICSI Certification (RCDD Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic networking (Preferred: IP Network Certifications and CTS-D industry certification.)
Familiarity with, but not limited to:
- Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc.
- Biamp, Clearone, BSS, Cisco, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of related or direct industry experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Practical knowledge of industry best practices related to wiring, rack dressing and termination
- Proven knowledge of installation techniques
- Proficient in reading and interpreting system design schematics and electrical / mechanical / architectural drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to establish positive working relationships with others.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call as necessary, based on the changing priorities of the department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in Crestron, Extron and AMX is a plus
- Ability to perform minor DSP / Control System changes & uploads
- Work effectively without supervision.
- Ability to work at heights
- The ability to achieve high level security clearance
- Able to travel domestically and internationally with no restrictions
- Capability to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Capability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Capability to work in high places
- Capability to work in small cramped places
- Capability to work in hot humid environments
- Capability to work in cold environments
- Capability to lift & move excess of 60lbs as is necessary in the normal flow of the day to day workload unassisted and lift and move 100lbs with assistance.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Some, office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and possible hand tools.
- Utilization of ladders and mechanical lifts (working at heights)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Time management
- Reading/ writing
- Memory recall
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.