Ideal for any space where groups congregate, this new sanitary digital kiosk with digital display provides infrared temperature measurement technology and PPE gear to keep staff & customers safe & informed...
SHIPPER / RECEIVER
Applied Electronics Limited is a growing company that sells, installs and services broadcast and audio visual electronics and systems. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Shipper / Reciever for our Mississauga head office.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented professional with a strong, self-directed work ethic along with effective time management and communication skills. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
As the organization looks to this position for assistance on a regular basis, it is important that this individual has demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are necessary when dealing with multiple departments, customers and vendors. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently with our administrative staff. Complete and accurate paperwork and data entry as it pertains to the movement of inventory in and out of our warehouse is essential.
The responsibilities of the Shipper / Receiver include, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for handling all shipping and receiving duties
- Prepare freight and proper paperwork for domestic and cross-border shipments
- Maintain the warehouse and shipping areas in a clean, safe and organized manner in conjunction with industry best practices, and provincial and corporate occupational health and safety requirements
- Maintain good communication with branch offices and Head Office administrative staff; and provide assistance to other branch offices as required
- Ability to effectively organize the warehouse in order to quickly locate items as requested and maintain inventory
- Responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received to quality and productivity standards and ensuring all are in order.
- Pack the goods accordingly, develop mailing labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move, or hoist materials to proper areas of the warehouse
- Liaise with customers and handle shipping inquiries as required
- Daily data entry using our internal Accounting software (SyAcc)
- Prepare equipment and materials for daily job shipments for Sales and Technical staff
- General work hours will be 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., however some after-hours work may be necessary on occasion for emergency shipments, special projects or inventory counts
- Additional and other responsibilities and duties as required
- 5+ years of warehousing experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proven knowledge of shipping, receiving, warehousing and basic administration procedures is required
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with changing dynamics
- Capable of working a consistent schedule and multi-tasking to handle various orders at the same time
- Handling numbers with ease, especially in terms of weight and counts
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. and ability to use hand tools, power tools, or postage meter
- Forklift certified is required
- Knowledge of correct packing and skidding techniques
- Experience with cross-border shipments and brokerage procedures
- WHMIS and Basic First Aid Certification (training will be provided if needed)
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.