The Nureva Span visual collaboration system transforms a wall into an expansive, digital workspace. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information by working directly on the wall or on their own devices via the Span app. All changes made on the wall or from a device are instantly visible to all users.
Montréal, QuébecDescription en français
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading Systems Integrator and Reseller of professional broadcast, media and audio visual technology. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking a Solutions Architect for our Montréal office.
A Solutions Architect plays an important role in the software development cycle, gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as the solution architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems.
In the information technology field, a Solution Architect typically works as part of a solution development team.
Solution Architect's Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals and they fulfill business and customer requirements
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Collect and document business requirements, technical requirements and process flows
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires knowledge of technology, industry requirements and/or business functions
- Able to effectively articulate solutions and discuss business problems with senior clients, positively influencing outcomes
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 8 plus years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Scrum, PMP and others a definite plus
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 plus years direct experience designing & managing applications and/or systems management.
- 5 plus years providing functional analysis, design, configuration and testing support
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Cloud
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- • Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of visits to other branches or customer locations as needed.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.