Camera Automation Software to make Live Production effortless. Powered by computer vision and machine learning, the Seervision Suite enables your existing cameras to autonomously track and keep the subject in optimal framing. It enables you to capture broadcast quality shots even with a tight production budget, where camera coverage is limited and the right skill set is not accessible.
Applied Electronics Limited is a national industry leader in Digital Media Integration Solutions and Service. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
We are currently seeking a Technical Lead for our Mississauga head office.
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for assisting to lead other technical implementation members all the while setting an example for maintaining the processes, workflow and day-to-day operational work tasks necessary for project system installation, commissioning, testing and documentation.
The responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
1. As the Technical Lead you are responsible for implementation of Project Systems from kick off through to completion. Working closely with management and client to ensure that all Project System components are installed, configured and tested per industry standard.
- Oversee activities between internal and external resources, and facilitate smooth workflow for service delivery, during project systems line up and testing, commissioning and end-user training for assigned projects.
- Works with Project Manager to coordinate and interfacing with Architects, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout through the implementation phase of assigned projects.
- Direct other technical staff in day-to-day operations and procedures.
- Assists the PM / Technical Supervisor in creating and developing good project schedules.
- Work with Regional Technical Supervisor and/or Project Managers during vacations and absences.
- Advanced system trouble shooting on-site following established commissioning and sign off processes, and after-sales end-user support.
- Provide daily/weekly project status updates to management team (PM and/or Technical Supervisor).
- Experience in leading technical implementation teams and subcontractors.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, while working with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
2. Coordinate implementation of project systems through; self, installation crews and/or subcontractors.
Ensure projects are ready for commencement including:
- Preparing/Review/coordinate install material list and cable run list.
- Coordinate with Regional Technical Supervisor regarding scheduling and resource assignment.
- Communicate with client and attend site meetings to ensure site conditions and timelines are on track and maintain a tracking log.
- Coordinate project shipments with Administrative and / or Shipping staff.
- Ensure any unused project equipment / materials are returned from job site to AEL warehouse and properly documented for return to manufacturer or return to stock.
- Prepare/ coordinate close out documentation (As-builts, user manuals, manufacturer manuals, warranty letter).
Maintain a high level of efficiency and professionalism at work site.
- Report to supervisor any disputes between team members to avoid unacceptable behaviors at client site.
- Develop, manage and communicate deficiency report and track outstanding items for completion.
- Give training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job.
3. Financial and Quality oversight for assigned Projects
- Assist when requested on technical review of assigned projects, including meeting with sales group to review project scope, BOM, SOW, CAD & flow functional drawings, equipment lists and labour estimates prior to project launch for accuracy.
- Evaluate project data for accuracy, and take the lead in setting project targets and priorities.
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviors.
- Assisting clients over telephone, video and/or client site troubleshooting project systems.
- Work with AEL Trades and Staff to confirm project requirements are completed efficiently.
- Conducting audits, appointment scheduling, coordinating facility scheduling with appointment schedule, and writing reports, with suggested action items.
- Routine updating “red lining” of project CAD & flow functional documents for creation of post project as-builts.
4. Actively participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technology offered by Applied Electronics.
5. Promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of staff & subcontractors under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
6. Responds to Customer escalations as required and resolves to meet customer satisfaction and company standards.
- Must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs
7. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Electronics, Broadcast, Telecom or other industry-related programs (BICSI, Infocomm, etc.)
- CTS Certification (CTS-I Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic networking (Preferred: IP Network Certifications and CTS-D industry certification.)
- Familiarity with, but not limited to:
- Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc.
- Biamp, Clearone, BSS, Cisco, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of related or direct industry experience
- Practical knowledge of industry best practices related to wiring, rack dressing and termination
- Proven knowledge of installation techniques and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting system design schematics and electrical / mechanical / architectural drawings
- Preference given to candidates proficient in operational use of Visio or AutoCAD drawing tools
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in AMX and/or Crestron is a plus
- Proficiency with all audiovisual and network cabling terminations
- Familiarity with pulling low-voltage cabling
- Ability to perform minor DSP / Control System changes & uploads
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced AV systems
- The ability to achieve high level security clearance
- Capability to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Capability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Capability to work in high places
- Capability to work in small cramped places
- Capability to work in hot humid environments
- Capability to work in cold environments
- Capability to lift & move excess of 60lbs as is necessary in the normal flow of the day to day workload unassisted and lift and move 100lbs with assistance.
- Assist in the loading of various vehicles with equipment including 45’ trailers as is needed
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extensive domestic and occasional international traveling to client locations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Time management
- Reading/ writing
- Memory recall
Applied Electronics is an Essential Service Provider of media & communications technology. We have modified operations with protective measures in place to keep our employees safe while we cautiously operate to support other essential service businesses.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Apply Now!
Share this job opportunity!
About Applied Electronics:
Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading provider of integrated media solutions and professional audio visual, broadcast and data management technology. Providing specialized services including technical consultation, sales, system design, supply, integration, programming, and after-sale support, Applied Electronics has the resources and expertise to support projects of any scale. Founded in 1958, Applied Electronics maintains strong relationships with industry-leading technology manufacturers and has extensive experience to deliver innovative solutions to improve workflows, communication, and collaboration for companies with media integration requirements. Applied Electronics is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with regional operations in Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. For more information, visit www.appliedelectronics.com.